[SATLUG] cdrom ?

Caleb Wylie zodex at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 11:26:01 CDT 2003

its not redhat that i am worried about it is my family
useing the burner it is now freezing while burning
under windows... hence the question about the bios not
detecting it and now it is freezing

--- Jeremy Mann <jeremy at bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> > forgot to mention this is my computer that i use
> at
> > home and it has windows and redhat dual booting
> and i
> > only use windows for burning and it freezes now it
> > seems since the bios can't detect it...
>
> I wonder if Redhat is loading the appropriate
> modules. Do a quick lsmod
> and see if ide-scsi and sg are present. If they
> aren't, then modprobe both
> of those, then retry cdrecord -scanbus.
>

> --
> Jeremy Mann
> jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

> Bioinformatics Core Facility
> http://www.bioinformatics.uthscsa.edu
> Phone: (210) 567-2672

=====

May the World revolve around your wishes - Caleb Wylie

Don't walk behind me I may not lead: Don't walk in front of me I may not follow: Just walk beside me and be a friend

The only distance you can't calculate is the one between hearts. - Caleb Wylie

" ...It said "Needs Windows 95 or better". So I installed Linux..."

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you will die today!!