[SATLUG] Linuxcruelunch and Debian options, Resume Workshop

dvmail at texas.net dvmail at texas.net
Tue May 27 11:51:23 CDT 2003

There's a lot of cool configuration stuff in Debian that I like to use. I have
my notes somewhere...

I'd like to have a resume workshop, since a lot of people have asked me about
that. This would be aimed at high school students (I've seen a lot of them who
show great wisdom beyond their years and who have great potential) to others
who want to get their foot in the door of the IT industry. I'll check my
schedule and post a request for people to let me know if they can attend. This
will help me decide location and time. I am willing to listen to all
constructive ideas/suggestions. If this sounds interesting, you don't have to
wait, you can send me an e-mail at dvmail at texas.net

have fun!
Daniel Villarreal

Note: The linuxcrue domain names are to be parked shortly, till I can make
further arrangements and I also need to pay for the hosting for the last few
months, many thanks to Matt Montgomery and Day32.com for their hosting services.

> you should try to remove it with dpkg purge <package>.
>  if you don't care try dselect to remove it.   dselect
> was the old front end for dpkg.  dselect is hard to
> navagate.  a last resort would be to kill it in the
> directory /var/lib/dpkg/

from the linuxcrue mailing list... due to go off-line shortly at the end of
this month, pending further arrangements...