[SATLUG] TV Tuner

Jeremy Mann jeremy at bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu
Wed May 28 10:53:00 CDT 2003

> I'm trying to setup the TV tuner on an ATI 3D Rage Pro PCI. I do
> `modprobe videodev' and `modprobe tuner' to load the drivers. (I hope
> I'm doing /that/ right.) `xawtv -hwscan' reports:

Ah, the ATI isn't a bttv tuner, so XawTV won't work with it. First you'll
need to get the ati.2 drivers from gatos.sourceforge.net. Following the
installation instructions and be sure to add Load "v4l" into your
XF86Config-4 file. Secondly, to get the tuner to work, you'll need to use
their application called AVview which you can download from the same
place.

After that, just run AVview and bingo, you got TV ;)

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility