[SATLUG] Linux in Business

Travis Miller tmiller at web-1hosting.net
Fri May 30 00:30:03 CDT 2003

Chuck,

We use linux where I work (http://www.web-1hosting.net) for everything:
Web servers, file servers, pop3/smtp, ftp, nfs, ntp, the list goes
on.... and OpenBSD for DNS (which, *brag* *brag*, all our OpenBSD
machines have an uptime of over 500 days and three of our linux boxes
are over 350 days... yay for stability!).  In fact, we don't even have a
server with windows on it... I think there are two desktops with win2k
somewhere.

Good luck with the presentation!

- Travis

P.S. - I also attend Trinity University where they use Redhat in pretty
much all the C.S. Labs.