[SATLUG] Slow linux

Dave dave at coverstreet.com
Fri Jan 16 10:43:02 CST 2004

In top it ought to show you how much RAM and swap it's using at the top
near where it says the idle percentage.  If you hit 'M' it'll sort the
processes by memory usage and if you hit 'H' it'll split out the
threads.  This way you can see just how much RAM individual programs are
using so you can identify if one's going nuts and using it all up.  I've
been using it lately to try and figure out why my Apache server's been
using lots of swap and those two options have been pretty useful.

HTH,
  -Dave