[SATLUG] Microsoft at it again -- and now RIGHT HERE IN SAN ANTONIO

Eric Hobbs erich at thinkspark.com
Mon Mar 29 10:18:04 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 08:58, Chuck wrote:
> Did anyone else see this story???  Apparently, Microsoft has been using
> our own District Attorneys office to further their own ends.  They've
> been attacking a local businessman.  Read up about it here:
> http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA29.01A.Microsoft0329.4a5a8a1.html

After reading the story, my impression was that Microsoft was *trying*
to use the DA's office to further their own ends, apparently attempting
to go on a "fishing expedition" or sorts to perhaps bolster a potenial
civil lawsuit.  It sounds like the DA put a stop to it before it got out
of hand.

This "local businessman" was apparently selling answers to various
Microsoft certification tests, so he doesn't exactly smell like roses,
you know.

--Eric