[SATLUG] RE: noticing more pop-ups w/ firefox

Thomas King kingttx at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:42:59 CDT 2004

Hmmm,
Just tried DrudgeReport, and the little bar at the top told me it had
blocked a popup.  This is on Windows 2000 with 1.0PR.  Is everybody
else getting them only on Linux?  I'll have to wait until I get home
to try that out.

Sean Crandall

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:01:15 -0500, mattvaldes at satx.rr.com
<mattvaldes at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> [...]
and got my first pop-up in ages. I couldn't buy a pop-up from WOAI, and I
haven't gotten pop-ups from my regularly visited sites, so maybe it has
something to do with the  site in particular...

I had one from Travelocity.com when checking on flight schedules at work. At
home, off of RH9 and Firefox, (I can't remember the site but it used to
throw a lot of popups on IE) it let one through but blocked the rest.

Are they wising up and finding new ways to assault our browsers?

Tom King
Travel Coordinator, UT Health Science Center
210-567-1562
210-567-6032 fax