[SATLUG] vmware

Ted Rathkopf ted-sender-9916db at rathkopf.org
Fri Apr 22 09:33:58 CDT 2005

Meanwhile, back at the model home, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> said:

> If the vmnet interfaces are missing or the modules not loaded,
> you may not have vmware correctly installed. If that's the case, we
> can probably help you redo the installation.

though if you run it without the modules, you usually get a message
saying that you need to run vmware-config.pl.  You could try that and
see if it fixes anything.

Speaking of which, for some reason every time I reboot my machine, I
need to rerun vmware-config.pl to build and install the modules.
Anybody have any idea why?

Richard, what version of vmware are you running?

--
Ted Rathkopf