[SATLUG] nvidia driver permissions?

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:32:54 CDT 2005

I have installed the nvidia binary drivers on my FC3 box.  They work
quite nicely with the nvidia graphics card, providing fast frame rates
and nice eye candy.

One small annoyance however, is that I have to chmod 666 /dev/nvidia*
before running any openGL applications including games, screensavers,
etc.  Otherwise it just says "permissions too restrictive" and doesn't
run.

I put this command into /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

chmod 666 /dev/nvidia*

but it doesn't seem to take, I still have to type it manually.  Any
idea where I need to put that command for it to stick?

thanks

Sean