[SATLUG] Media Player

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:40:13 CDT 2005

On 10/24/05, Oscar Elizondo <oelizondo at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I just installed Red Hat Fedora and I downloaded an mpeg or mpeg2 and the
> viewer that we installed can't read the format that the mpeg is coming down.
> I know I can see it with Real Player on my Windows box.
>
> I've tried different sites to get xine rpm, but when I run the rpm -i "file
> name", I get an error message.  I think I'm getting a patch or upgrade rpm
> instead of the main install rpm.  Does anybody have any ideas or other
> viewers that could help.

For Mplayer, Real Player and Xine look at---

<<http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html>>

and---

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mplayer-fedora.shtml

Each has a little different approach to acquiring and installing each
player. There is a ton of information about installing and customizing
FC4 on each of these sites.
I used the "mjmwired" site for FC3 and both sites as "gobyes" for FC4.
I prefer the "stanton-finley" site for FC4.

Thanks,  Robert