[SATLUG] Switching distro (from Slackware)

Josh Kerr me at josh-kerr.com
Wed Jul 12 06:47:04 CDT 2006

My first choice would be to use Ubuntu/Kubuntu mainly because that's
what I use.  The *Ubunutus are based off of Debian and like you said,
has a 6 month cycle.  As for Ubuntu being "bleeding edge", that's not
entirely true.  While it does support a lot of "edge" applications out
of the box it's not nearly "bleeding edge" as Gentoo is.

I have not tried Suse yet and I know a lot of people swear by it.  IMHO,
your choices are better off with Ubuntu/Kubuntu and Suse.  No offense to
Debian users out there but Ubuntu/Kubuntu is what Debian wants to be.

My 0.02