[SATLUG] RE: digital rights management

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:13:46 CDT 2006

On 7/12/06, twistedpickles <twistedpickles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to fool windows into seeing a harddrive as a cdrom.
> This would be easier to re-encode the files and not have to burn and
> waste discs .

Yes, check the warez sites, they have tools like this to make games
think that they're working on CD-ROMs.  I don't know what they're
called, sorry, but I could find out.

I guess now that I think about it your issue is that you want it to
appear as a CD-R and burn "Red Book" audio onto it, which is totally
different than using it as an ISO 9660 CD-ROM.

You're almost better off doing it in Lunix.
--
Resolve is what distinguishes a person who has failed from a failure.
Unix "guru" for sale or rent - http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-