[SATLUG] Remove empty directory from GNOME menu

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:54:22 CDT 2006

On 7/13/06, Chris <fakie_flip2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> i found software that will remove them.
>
> chris at ubuntu:~/www$ apt-cache show alacarte

Chris, thanks for the suggestion but I've already attempted to install
alacarte, but it requires a newer version of python than I have on my
CentOS4 box.  I don't feel like compiling a new version of python from
scratch just to edit one menu item.  Seems like overkill to me.

I guess that's the price you pay for having a "stable" operating
system, eg, not getting the latest and greatest versions of
everything.  I can live with the empty menu items, it's just a minor
annoyance.