[SATLUG] Roadrunner line spikes?

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Sat Jul 22 08:15:02 CDT 2006

>The WRT54G was completely dead. No power light
>nothing. I also noticed that the cable modem was offline as well. So I
>reset my APC, the cable modem came back up but not the router. I even
>tried a spare power supply to the router. Nothing, no lights or anything.

  Assuming APC refers to your UPS, the UPS should truncate most power line spikes and surges.

>I'm wondering if TWC had a line spike, or something, that could have
>caused my router to die in such fashion.

  Caveat never used a TW modem: a data line spike would take out your input circuit, most likely an Opto Isolator, and at least your power and port LED's should illuminate, and the activity LED would not flash.

Lou