[SATLUG] Serial dial up modem recommendations? PLEASE???

David Power dpower at hal-pc.org
Sat Dec 1 11:32:01 CST 2007

I would highly recommend the usr courier modem.
This was the pinnacle of modem technology back when we all had to use
dialup. I had several hundred of these and they gave outstanding
performance. You can find them used on eBay for 10-30 dollars, new they are
still around $150 and I think they are worth every penny, if you have to use
dialup. The 33.6 that were flashed to 56k are all right, Id avoid the older
one's that had to have hardware upgrade to 56k, they don’t have as much
memory or as fast a cpu.

David