[SATLUG] Skype Alternatives for linux

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:19:12 CST 2007

> > days I wouldn't bother with a POTS telephone line.  Use VoIP for
> > $5/mo and use cell if your WAN link is down.
>

> Who's your VOIP provider Travis?

I'm also curious to know about $5/month VoIP service.  I have a CISCO
ATA186 adapter that I used to use with Vonage.  After fighting with
their customer service for about 4 hours, I managed to find a
technician who could unlock it for me.  So now it works with just
about any SIP-capable server.  I used to use it with Broadvoice for a
while, but they were around $30 a month.