[SATLUG] XO One Laptop per Child

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Dec 3 02:15:27 CST 2007

On 12/2/07, M K Ramadoss wrote:

>  Has anyone had on-hands use of the XO?

I played with one at the LISA'07 conference in Dallas a couple of weeks ago.

>  Would it work by connecting to home Wifi and would it be a good Christmas
>  present for a child in the US? It is available for purchase till end of
>  month, in their buy one gift one program.

I think it does peer networking only, but I'm not sure.  I know that
the interface is nothing like anything I've ever seen before, so
anyone with any computer experience would have some un-learning to do.

I do recall that they recently announced that only orders placed
before some date in early November (November 12th?) will be shipped
in time for Christmas.  So, if you order one now, it probably won't
come in for a few months.