[SATLUG] XO One Laptop per Child

Stewart Smith tuupes80 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:12:29 CST 2007

Had a chance to play with one, but not extensively, at the O'Reily Open Source Conference in Portland.  Would make a good kids gift, but the keyboard was too small for my hands.  Computer formed peer to peer group while I played with it.   Do not know details, so can't say if it would be compatible with home WiFi.  Don't expect that it works with DHCP, since it had self forming peer to peer network.  Was sorry the keyboard was so small -- I would have bought one for personal use.

Hope this helps> Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:30:41 -0600> From: mkr777 at gmail.com> To: satlug at satlug.org> Subject: [SATLUG] XO One Laptop per Child> > Has anyone had on-hands use of the XO?> > Would it work by connecting to home Wifi and would it be a good Christmas> present for a child in the US? It is available for purchase till end of> month, in their buy one gift one program.> > mkr> -- > _______________________________________________> SATLUG mailing list> SATLUG at satlug.org> http://alamo.satlug.org/mailman/listinfo/satlug to unsubscribe> Powered by Rackspace (www.rackspace.com)