[SATLUG] Partition tool for ext3, vfat32 and NTFS

Glenn F. Boswell gboswell at accd.edu
Sun Dec 2 07:44:29 CST 2007

> I'm a newcomer to Ubuntu, so forgive me if this isn't 'on target' for your
> needs. Though it's not a partitioner, per se, I have found that Win4Lin
> handles both the ext3 and NTFS partitions well for its purposes. One could
> conceivably run it long enough to adjust partitions, then exit. If you're
> keeping NTFS partition to run Windows apps, then you could continue and do a
> full install of Windows in the created/adjusted NTFS partition.
>
> It's a proprietary package, so costs around $50 US. But I find it to be
> superior to any other Windows 'emulator' for Linux. I'll be installing it on
> my system as soon as my new copy of Windows XP MCE arrives this coming week.
> I'll post a personal review as soon as it's up and running.

John thanks for the response. I was a user of win4lin several years a
ago but migrated to VMWare server which is free and much more robust. In
fact I had Virtual PC in the NTFS partition and VMWare server in the
ext2 partitions. I Use both in my work, mainly demonstration for my
classes. I have never installed VMWare  into ubuntu but several have so
should be a snap for you. Go to www.vmware.com and select the Products
and Server Virtualization Products and look at all the vmware apps
available, and almost all are free.

Thanks again for the help.

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
Note the address above as gboswell at accd.edu dies 12/1/07
Personal email should be directed to gboswellsac at yahoo.com
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866

"Freedom is not FREE", let us never forget.

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." anonymous