[SATLUG] Gaming Demos and F/OSS LAN Game Night at XCSSA.org Mon. night..

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 21:55:45 CST 2007

Ssh port forwarding doesn't work with udp packets if I was told correctly by a programmer in Australia. However there are other solutions, one of them, I can't remember, but I could find out. Also a Hamachi VPN would allow you to do what you want. Is there going to be another LAN party? If so, I'd like to go. I didn't know about this one until it was too late.

Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote: > > At the XCSSA meeting... If you want to play with us, you'll have to come by.
> > It seems that their egress firewall rules don't allow us to play others out
> > on the net (much less share our servers out to the net)... so as a result the
> > network games that we're going to be playing are going to be on site in our
> > own little LAN bubble (with me serving DHCP for the group).

Hmm too bad for those of us from out of town who can't make it.  I'd
be willing to sponsor a reverse SSH tunnel to allow the "outsiders" to
play too.  Quake 3 FTW!