[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] November "Gaming Meeting", Demos and Head-to-Head LAN Action

tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Thu Dec 6 17:30:34 CST 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007 16:39, xcssa-admin at xcssa.org wrote:
> > Is there going to be another LAN party? I'm interested in going.
>
> Hmmm, what say we flash-mob a BZFlag or some other game server?

Someone sent a fractured reply to last month's gaming announcement:
> When is the next lan party? i have final exams at sac next week until
> Wednesday. I could go if it is after that. What other games are played
> besides scorched3d? I have Doom 3 and Quake 4 in Linux. So does Travis M.
> I've also got some open source free games such as Urban Terror, World of
> Padman, Assault Cube, Sauerbraten, Frozen Bubble, and many others. I have
> some wintendo games. Some run fine under Wine and Cedega.

I wish you had brought those games to the November meeting.. :(

There was actually some talk about having an XCSSA/SATLUG Mixer for Dec.  Let
me talk to the SATLUG folks and see.  I think that they left he ball in my
court and I let it drop.. let me see..

If it's not too late.. maybe we could do just that.. have an X-otic/Linux
mixer..  Everyone could bring out their favorite X-otic system (I would
probably bring my lunchbox server
http://theweeks.org/toms-stuff/PSI-WEB.html) and others could bring their IBM
NetVistas, Embedded systems, Nokia N800's, etc... :)

Let me make some phone calls.. :)

Tweeks