[SATLUG] Re: Kernel-source rpm for 2.4.9-e.65 ?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:38:58 CST 2007

Sean Carolan wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 10:15 AM, Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone know where to get an i386 kernel-source rpm for Red Hat kernel
>> version 2.4.9-e65?  I can see that Red Hat 7.2 was released with
>> 2.4.7-10, and the updates directory has 2.4.20 kernel-source but I
>> find nothing inbetween these two.
>>

> I meant to say kernel 2.4.9-34smp, not 2.4.9-e65.  I already have the
> kernel-source for 2.4.9-e65.  Thanks.

I do't know how to solve your problem explicitly. but the source to all
versions of kernels are at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/

There are a couple of issues though.  I don't know what modifications
were made as a part of the -34 tag and you may have to use an older
version of gcc to build it.  I also don't know what RH used for the
kernel configuration, but you probably can just configure that for your
current hardware.

  -- Bruce