[SATLUG] Did anyone else get this email?

Don Wright wmail at wricomp.com
Mon Dec 10 18:37:49 CST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:08:43 -0600, "Jim Wells" <jfw5cpa at gmail.com>
wrote:

>If you look at the archives online you will see the e-mail addresses
>are USER_AT_SATLUG.ORG.  I have HEARD that the spambots are
>sophisticated enough to turn those obscured e-mail addresss into the
>correct user at satlug but I don't know for sure.  TIs there someone on
>the list who knows whether that is true or not?

I have different addresses for different purposes. The address I use for
Debian lists (with open archives) gathers much more spam than the one I
use for SATLUG postings. The various officer emails, posted on
SATLUG.org, seem to get the most.

The adage that the typical thief is lazy -- and will pass up the harder
target for the easier one -- applies on the Internet as well.  --Don