[SATLUG] MAC Address Spoofing

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Dec 10 20:13:29 CST 2007

On 12/10/07, phn1x wrote:

>  who the hell is h?

H.D. Moore.  See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._D._Moore>, and keep
in mind that he's also one of the first people credited any time
someone talks about jailbreaking the iPhone.  Somehow, I have to
believe that his data fuzzing tools have been instrumental in finding
new code that can be exploited to re-jailbreak the phone, after each
new firmware release.

BTW, he's local to Austin, although I think he travels quite a lot.
I've seen him speak at an AustinLUG meeting, and I've also had him
come back and give an encore presentation of that same talk for
CACTUS.  Really good speaker, really knows his stuff, really scares
the holy living $#!+ out of you.

The mark of a good talk is when everyone gives the speaker a standing
ovation at the end.  The mark of a truly great security talk is when
everyone is too busy checking their machines and you hear hear whole
choruses of "crap, crap, crap, crap, crap" coming from all corners of
the room.

He's a truly great speaker on security subjects.

If you can stand to have the holy living $#!+ scared out of you, and
spend the next several hours immediately after the talk trying to run
the tools against your own machines to discover just how really wide
open you actually are, you should definitely try to get him to come
down there and give you a talk.