[SATLUG] MAC Address Spoofing

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 10 22:37:07 CST 2007

I don't really know any of the details about this particular topic, but
couldn't you build a database of pre-built messages (with the MAC
addresses generated and encoded as required) ahead of time, and when it
comes time to run the test, use a script of some kind to retrieve and
send the messages with all the encoding already embedded in them?

You wouldn't have to spend any time running some random number generator
routine to create the fictional MAC addresses during the test, so it
should allow you to send more messages nearly simultaneously than if you
were generating the MAC addresses on-the-fly.