[SATLUG] Client TOS Notification - scomp@aol.net?

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:48:18 CST 2007

Yeah, it is part of their feedback loop system.  You'll get those whenever a
certain amount of people click on "This is Spam" in their mail.  One of the
companies I do work for gets those all the time.  AOL.net is owned by AOL ..
do you really think they would leave a .net or .org available for someone to
try to scam their customers? ;)

-Henry

On Dec 11, 2007 11:09 AM, Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe Brad or someone else on this list can help me, because AOL's
> phone support is less than useless.  I've been getting several dozen
> messages a day from scomp at aol.net, always with the same subject line
> "Client TOS Notification".  There is no message in the body of the
> mail, and it has the original message sent from our application
> attached.
>
> I'm guessing it has to do with some kind of spam/blocklist but they
> can't seem to find any of our mailserver IP addresses on their block
> lists.  If anyone has some insight I'd appreciate it.  I think I liked
> AOL a lot better when it was a walled garden separate from the rest of
> the Internet!  :)

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay