[SATLUG] Client TOS Notification - scomp@aol.net?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Dec 11 15:42:58 CST 2007

On 12/11/07, John Chalinder wrote:

>  So, in my personal opinion, AOL are a bunch of thieves and scoundrels.
>  I feel a deep empathy with anyone who has problems with them and
>  their 'service'. My usual recommendation to anyone who has problems
>  with AOL is to switch providers.

Let's be clear here.  There's the marketing, PR, and billing thieves,
there's the poor tech support sods who get paid virtually nothing to
listen to some of the most abusive users I've ever had the misfortune
to encounter, and then there's the techies who actually try to keep
all the spit, bailing wire, and chewing gum from going thermonuclear
on a nightly basis.

I was one of the techies.  We were mostly good guys, who worked for a
company who had some pretty evil people in other positions.

I also tried to get everyone I knew to switch away from using AOL,
even during the early years when I didn't think that the company was
so bad.  I finally got my mom to switch a few years back, and I'm
still working on trying to get my wife to switch.