[SATLUG] MAC Address Spoofing

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:14:22 CST 2007

Something else that you could try if your testing machine is beefy enough:

Use VMware Server and create a minimalist virtual machine (32MB, 1GB HD, 4
NICs or more.).  Make sure each NIC is mridged to your physical network
adapter on the host machine.   Run your script in each VM on that one
iteration per network interface.  With 4 VMs each with 4 NICs, you have a
potential 17 interfaces to kick off (16 virt + the host physical which could
ping )

VMware dynamically generates a MAC address for each nic installed in a VM,
so as many as the guest OS can support is your true limit.

Just a suggestion .. :P