[SATLUG] vid card recommendation

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 10:54:25 CST 2007

Are you a gamer? How much are you willing to spend. You ought to go with Nvidia or Intel (open source driver) and avoid Ati. If you are not a gamer, this graphics card is perfectly fine. It's okay for many games in Linux, but not Quake 4 in Linux. It will run Quake 3 or Open Arena just fine. It works without problems under Linux. It is turbo cache, so it can use some of your system's memory for video memory (up to 512 mb total).

  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130067

Alex Bartonek <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I ordered a barebones system consisting of:

Intel Core2Duo E6750 2.66ghz
2 gig DDR2-800mhz ram
500 gig hd
no vid card
22" LCD monitor

I am going to dual boot into XP and want a PCIe gfx
card that is cheap and good but most importantly
*works under SuSE 10.x & Ubuntu*.