[SATLUG] Fwd: Great UNIX Systems Support Job in Austin, TX
chrisncats at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:13:21 CST 2007
I don't participate in the list much anymore, but I thought I'd pass
this on in case someone out there is looking for employment in the
Austin area. Might be a good opportunity for someone. Apparently a
headhunter found my resume and thought I'd be a good candidate (I'm not).
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Great UNIX Systems Support Job in Austin, TX
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:46:37 -0800
From: Patrick Cunnane <Patrick.Cunnane.B1 at CyberCoders.com>
To: James Montgomery
I noticed your background and thought you may be interested in finding
out more about our new job opening, which is pasted below for your review.
The position is for a UNIX Systems Support in Austin, TX.
For more details or to apply simply visit our website:
Not a fit for this job? Search all of our open jobs:
The job details:
UNIX Systems Support Analyst
Location: Austin, TX or San Marcos, TX
Salary Range: 80,000 - 110,000
UNIX Systems Support Analyst
Do you have over 5 years Unix experience working at financial trading
institution supporting Asian trading hours (3:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m. Sunday
through Thursday)? If so read on...
We are a Texas based quantitative trading firm with strategies in
multiple asset classes around the world. We focus on high-frequency,
high-volume trading strategies, taking short-term positions in thousands
of instruments. Our team continues to grow steadily as we expand our
What you will be doing:
- UNIX systems support.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving issues as the relate to our
automated trading systems;
- Interacting with our developers and upstream partners as necessary to
resolve problems or improve performance.
- Generating requirements for our application management tools.
- Responsible for understanding a complex securities trading and order
execution platform, monitoring its execution, identifying and diagnosing
problems that occur in production and dealing with their root causes.
- Communicating broadly within the organization regarding the status and
operations of our systems.
- Supporting our Asian trading hours from 3:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Sunday
What you need to be qualified for this position:
- UNIX system administration, UNIX application support, or UNIX system
- Linux experience preferred.
- SQL databases, database reporting,
- Considerable background in applications support.
- In-house IT systems development.
- Familiarity with the constraints and issues of large-scale production
This experience is a plus:
- Large database administration.
- Experience with large-scale storage environments.
- Management of distributed information systems.
- Financial services domain experience (in particular securities and
other trading environments) desired, but not required
What's in it for you:
- Attractive compensation package.
- Fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Hands-on training in trading and financial markets.
- Casual and creative work atmosphere
So if you are a Unix system administrator and would like to hear more
about this position, please apply today!
If you are ready to join a winning team and take the next step in your
career, apply today:
Know someone else who is a fit for this position? Refer a friend & earn
one thousand dollars if they get the job:
Happy where you are? Great! We will only email you when we find a new
job that may be a good fit for your background. You can also use the
link below if you would like us to hold off on emails to you about new jobs.
Good luck in your searches,
Patrick Cunnane | Executive Recruiter | CyberCoders
CyberCoders | 42 Discovery | Irvine, CA 92618
More information about the SATLUG