[SATLUG] Tell apt to ignore one custom .deb package?

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 13:48:56 CST 2007

What messages is apt giving you? Is apt trying to remove the package when you do "apt-get -f install"?

Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote: I downloaded the latest Nessus .deb from the Tenable website, and
managed to install it on my Ubuntu 7.10 laptop.  I had to symlink a
couple of libraries to get it working, but it's running fine now.  The
problem is the whole apt-get parade is being held up by this one
package that apt thinks is broken.  Is there any way to tell apt to
just leave my Nessus alone, and only manage everything else?