[SATLUG] Wifi card recommendation

Samuel Leon leon36 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:48:26 CST 2007

Alex Bartonek wrote:
> I already have a wifi card that works under 10.0 SuSE.
>  I installed 10.3 (on my old system) and could not get
> it to work so I reverted back to 10.0.  On my new
> computer I'm going to install Ubuntu, SuSE 10.3 and
> whatever else.  Is there a card that 100% will work
> with both distros out of the box?
>
> -Alex

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Anything based on the atheros chipset will work with the madwifi drivers
out of the box.  However card manufactures change their chipsets all the
time so you have to watch that.  You just got to start digging.
Best references that I could find:
http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

Sam