[SATLUG] forcing a refresh rate

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 15 21:23:51 CST 2007

Actually, I took the issue to be a lack of cooperation between the FOSS
diehards and the hardware manufacturers, rather than between different
manufacturers.

But since Linux is open-source, why doesn't someone (or some group)
start an effort to define a standard for a modular display architecture,
and just say the heck with the naysayers that oppose the use of
proprietary drivers.  Isn't that one of the biggest benefits of having
an open source operating system?