[SATLUG] Re:OT Monitor format 4:3 or 16:9?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Dec 16 00:57:54 CST 2007

On 12/15/07, Alex Bartonek wrote:

>  Ok I took the Acer 22" back.. no matter what refresh
>  rate I set I could still see ghosting.  I now have a
>  Gateway 22" HD2200.  Very simple to setup, no ghosting
>  @ 1680x1050 61hz.  The color isnt on the money
>  though.. seems too light (black, greys etc.).

If you'd like to try to fix the color calibration problem, the page
at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management> seems to me
to imply that the software to do that is available under Linux
(albeit not necessarily easily available in a pre-packaged form), and
I should think that should interface with existing known calibration
hardware.