[SATLUG] Re:OT Monitor format 4:3 or 16:9?

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 17:59:52 CST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 14:15 -0800, Alex Bartonek wrote:
> --- Howard Haradon <hharadon at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks for your comments.  Can you let us know
> > about the text quality of your new 22" LCD monitor
> > and
> > any other comments about its quality or features.
>
> Ok I took the Acer 22" back.. no matter what refresh
> rate I set I could still see ghosting.  I now have a
> Gateway 22" HD2200.  Very simple to setup, no ghosting
> @ 1680x1050 61hz.  The color isnt on the money
> though.. seems too light (black, greys etc.).  I have
> it on "web" mode so that helps out a little..but its a
> very nice monitor.  I'll play around with the settings
> to get the colors right.  Text is great, very
> readable.
>
> Alex

I bought a Westinghouse 22 in widescreen monitor a couple months ago,
because it was the cheapest I could find and am using it with an old
laptop.  The display is much better than I expected, and it's great to
be able to have 6 very readable xterms on the same VT.  I'm using it
right now, pulling my email client across wifi using ssh -X.

I found ubuntu a lot easier to set up widescreen displays than fedora or
SuSE, so that's what I use on this laptop.

Al Castanoli