[SATLUG] Request discussion of the automatic updating of a distro

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:53:00 CST 2007

> I would be thrilled if you experienced users would discuss how to
> appraise the constant flow of updates. What your feelings are about this
> feature and how you use it.

As long as you don't have any kernel modules that are compiled just
for a specific kernel, you should be fine just letting Ubuntu's
automatic updater do it's thing.  I have VMWare compiled for my
current running kernel, so this needs to be re-done each time I update
the kernel.  I think I have a couple of other programs like Cisco's
VPN client, but no deal killers.  I run Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop and
enjoy that the updater generally
"just works".