[SATLUG] intel graphics card questions

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 01:11:51 CST 2007

The Ati card on my friend's computer will not work in Linux. I got a long backtrace when booting Linux using that graphics card. So I must use the onboard video card. Vista was giving problems, so my friend decided to remove it. We used that hard drive for an ext3 partition to mount at /home. The intel graphics card is this.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G965 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

Is it possible to get 3d acceleration with this graphics card? It should be. He was using Areo in Vista before he removed Vista. How can it be done if possible with Linux? My friend would like to use compiz fusion. He is new to Linux and came to a satlug meeting with me once. He would like to sell the Ati card and get a Nvidia 8 series or late 7 series. Does anyone know who would want to buy this card?

01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 [Radeon X300SE]