[SATLUG] help with wireless card and madwifi

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:41:50 CST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 5:40 PM,  <riugakusei at aim.com> wrote:
> i am running Fedora Core 8 i have made some progress in the past days. my wireless card is been recognized but i keep getting some error messages:

This is one of the main reasons I stopped using Fedora on my laptop.
My suggestion is to install Ubuntu and have it working out-of-the-box,
and send a note to the Fedora team asking them to make this process
easier for end-users.  You should not have to struggle for hours just
to get a working wifi connection on your laptop, being forced to
either find another computer or dual-boot to get the drivers on a USB
stick, etc.