[SATLUG] Some serious help needed...

Jonathan Hull masterr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:29:19 CST 2007

The -rt kernel is a "real time" kernel. This is a kernel with a
different type of task scheduler that is often used in embedded
devices. The NFL wire cam is an example of a device using Linux with a
real time kernel. Not sure why it got installed, though.  It can be
used on a standard PC, but I don't know the benefit. (Video/Audio
capture and processing maybe?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_operating_system

-Jon