[SATLUG] Geeks.com

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Fri Dec 21 08:38:51 CST 2007

pay
>postage so buying a $5 item by from Geeks.com may
>cost as much as the local item.  But if you are buying
>several items, and stay under the minimum postal
>weight limit, then you should do Ok.
-----------------------------------
I used to buy from them, their prices are around the
same as buying new items (sometimes more) from E-tailers,
however, with E-tailers (like NewEgg and others) you
have a warranty. With Geeks, unless it's DOA you're on
your own. Further, their shipping charges are high.

For computer accessories and cables I buy from
www.bestbyteinc.com in Katy, TX. Recently bought several
USB & HD IDE 80 Flat cables, and w/shipping and tax,
saved significantly $ compared to Altex, and didn't have
to drive 22 miles one way.

Lou