[SATLUG] USB 2.0 to Audio Adapter w/Microphone Jack

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Fri Dec 21 12:23:54 CST 2007

Walt DuBose wrote:
>  What would be an advantage of using a USB 2.0 to Audio Adapter
> w/Microphone Jack instead of a computer's sound card?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Walt

For me it was a matter of what I wanted my box to do.  I got a USB
headset with mic to use with my Skype account.  My regular speakers play
all my regular audio, (mp3's, streaming audio, ...) and Skype goes
through the headset because I don't want my conversations blaring over
my speakers.  Using USB for that was mostly a matter of
cost/convienience  I got a decent headset for about the same cost as a
comparable analog headset + soundcard, and I didn't have to open my box
to add another soundcard.