[SATLUG] mailman question

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Dec 22 15:44:56 CST 2007

On 12/22/07, Borries Demeler wrote:

>  I have a mailman question:

Speaking as a contributor to the Mailman project for several years,
and the current primary active mailing list administrator for all the
mailing lists on python.org (including all the official mailman-*
lists) and postmaster for python.org, I can tell you that if you have
any questions regarding Mailman, the official answer is that you
should see the Mailman documentation starting at
<http://www.list.org/docs.html>, search the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py> (which is linked from the
list.

In other words, basically the process we lay out in FAQ 1.22 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.022.htp>.

>  We manage a large list for a campus organization which has recently
>  changed its name.  Now they want their mailing list to reflect this
>  change and have it renamed. I couldn't find a script in the mailman/bin
>  directory that appears to simply rename a list.

FAQ 4.70 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.070.htp>
has the title "How do I change the name of (rename) a list?"