[SATLUG] mailman question

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Dec 22 15:50:03 CST 2007

On 12/22/07, Jeremy Mann wrote:

>  There is no standard script for doing this and by reading the FAQ its
>  doable, but complicated.
>
>  http://list.org/faq.html
>
>  See the last entry, "How to rename a list"

That FAQ can only be changed by someone who has the necessary
permissions to log into and edit files on the server for list.org,
and even I don't have that.  So far as I know, Barry Warsaw is the
only person who is capable of updating those entries.  I wouldn't pay
too much attention to this information -- it probably hasn't been
updated since the Mailman 2.0.x days from several years ago.

The Mailman FAQ Wizard at <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>
is something that anyone can update, if they follow the correct
procedures (kinda-semi-sorta like a wiki).  We get a lot of core
developers who are contributing to the entries in the FAQ Wizard, and
I've written a few and at least edited many of the rest.