[SATLUG] more ubuntu Help Requested

Walt DuBose dubose at texas.net
Sun Dec 23 02:31:30 CST 2007

Ok now I know about apt (apt-get) and Synaptic(sp?) for Ubuntu...but Ubuntu
doesn't come with lots of applications that I think need to be included for a
user PC.

You definately need to be able to burn CDs and DVDs.  What's a good app?  Also,
my laptop has on on-board camera.  What applications can I use to take pictures
and make video?

Ubuntu found the wireless card but the applications that has control over it is
very limited.  What's better.

If anyone has any ideas about neat apps for Ubuntu, I'd like to hear about them.

Walt