[SATLUG] Open Source Moon Rocket

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Dec 24 08:09:03 CST 2007

Very Cool!

by T. Colin Dodd

NASA Ares I Moon Rocket - Open-Source Contract With Boeing - Popular
Mechanics

The “brains” of the Ares I rocket that will send four astronauts back to
the moon sometime in the next 12 years will be built by Boeing, NASA
announced today—but the specifications will be open-source and
non-proprietary, so that other companies can bid on future contracts.
The avionics unit will provide guidance, navigation and control for the
launch rocket, which will carry the Orion crew vehicle into Earth orbit.

Filed under Truth
<http://truthhappens.redhatmagazine.com/category/truth/>
(http://truthhappens.redhatmagazine.com/category/truth/) on December
20th, 2007.