[SATLUG] ndiswrapper & SuSE 10.3 -- UPDATE #

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:14:13 CST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 11:29 PM, Alex Bartonek <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, now my final issue... WPA encryption does not
> work.  If I leave it off I can connect to my router
> (mac address filtering is enabled).  Could this be a
> driver issue?

To get it working on my CentOS box I had to edit wpa_supplicant.conf
and make sure wpa_supplicant was up and running.  YMMV, wireless is
still pretty dodgy under Linux, especially if you're stuck using
ndiswrapper.  If it's not a laptop you may want to throw in the towel
and pick up a netgear or Linksys pci card with an atheros chipset.  :)