[SATLUG] procmail log

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Dec 24 23:39:32 CST 2007

Chris Lemire wrote:
> what does this mean? I see it in the procmail log.
>
> procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored

2nd hit on Google...

Procmail Extraneous locallockfile ignored

This normally occurs when you are locking a file in the wrong place.

Here's a simple example. I lock the file and write to it if it from
mypal at domain.tld
:0:    # lock as we want to write to a file
* $ ^From:.*mypal\@domain.tld    # Does it match rule
mail/pals    # Put mail here

Notice on the following rule the :0: is only used when we need to write
to the file.
:0    # No need to lock yet
* ^Subject:.*procmail    # Opening rule
{    #
     :0 fwh    # f - filter w - write before processing h - header info only
     | formail -I"Subject: [Procmail] ${SUBJ_}"    # Change the subject
     :0:    # Lock
     mail/procmail_emails    # Store somewhere nice
}

Merry Christmas