[SATLUG] grotty:/tmp/zmanjJfxMP:46844:fatal error: output error

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Dec 25 01:31:33 CST 2007

Chris Lemire wrote:
> What causes these errors?
>
> chris at ubuntu:~$ man mutt
> chris at ubuntu:~$ man muttrc
> grotty:/tmp/zmanjJfxMP:46844:fatal error: output error
> chris at ubuntu:~$ man muttrc
> grotty:/tmp/zmanWkGj8l:46844:fatal error: output error
> chris at ubuntu:~$ man muttrc
> grotty:/tmp/zmani0ORFG:46844:fatal error: output error
> chris at ubuntu:~$ man mutt

Looks like you've already got your answer in another forum;

Old  Today, 12:28 AM          #1
fakie_flip
Member

Registered: Feb 2005
Location: san antonio, texas

grotty:/tmp/zmani0ORFG:46844:fatal error: output error
Code:

chris at ubuntu:~$ man muttrc
grotty:/tmp/zmani0ORFG:46844:fatal error: output error
chris at ubuntu:~$

This happens every time after viewing the muttrc man page but not with
any other man pages that I am aware of. What does it mean?
fakie_flip is offline             Reply With Quote
fakie_flip
View LQ Blog
View Bookmarks
View Review Entries
View HCL Entries
Visit fakie_flip's homepage!
Old Today, 01:29 AM       #2

deepumnit
Member

Registered: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore <--> Jaipur

Well,

It works fine for me. Try installing the docs for muttrc again. I tried
the command <locate muttrc>, the output was:
Code:

/usr/lib/mutt/source-muttrc.d
/usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/ray.muttrc
/usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sample.muttrc.gz
/usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sample.muttrc-tlr.gz
/usr/share/doc/spamassassin/examples/muttrc
/usr/share/man/man5/muttrc.5.gz
/usr/share/vim/vim70/ftplugin/muttrc.vim
/usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/muttrc.vim

You can check too. If other man pages work, then the problem lies with
the muttrc docs.