[SATLUG] bad hd?

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:19:35 CST 2007

I have four of those, and they do click, but not like the 'click of death.'
More like a subtle clicking when reading or writing.  I don't know if that's
what your talking about, but it's definitely not a loud click that would
make you think something was wrong.

Ernest

On Dec 26, 2007 8:12 AM, Alex Bartonek <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I bought a new Western Digital 500gig SATA hd
> WD5000AAJS.  I sometimes hear a "clicking" type sound
> but it passes its tests w/the WD Diag software.
> Usually if a HD would click you'd notice slowdowns
> when reading/writing so I'm assuming this isnt the
> click of death?  Should I send it back just in case or
> are these things normally like this?
>
> -Alex

Join the Ron Paul Revolution
http://www.prezronpaul.com