[SATLUG] A question for Mac users...

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:32:39 CST 2007

Hey Everyone,

    I just bought a new iMac for my significant other for Christmas.
Naturally, I get to use it too. :)   I got the 24"  2.8 gHz model with
Leopard.  I know that most PCs don't come with an office suite on them, and
the Mac only came with trial versions of two.  I tried out TextEdit, and it
suits me fine, but my girlfriend wants something more robust.  I downloaded
open office for Mac, but it sucks compared to the Linux and PC variants.
You can tell that it needs polish, etc.  Are there any open source office
suites, or stand alone apps that accomplish the same, that you would
recommend?  I absolutely will not buy office, and I may consider paying for
iWork if there is not a suitable alternative.

Thanks,
Ernest

--
Join the Ron Paul Revolution